Our mission is to ensure effective government that supports, protects and respects the citizens of our community, commonwealth and country by advancing candidates, public officials and policies that promote basic Democratic values.
An open, inclusive organization that Democrats are proud to support, that positively impacts our community and that wins elections.
The Louisville-Jefferson County Democratic Party will work to:
- Recruit, train and support outstanding candidates who can win.
- Develop and strengthen grassroots organization to mobilize voters in support of Democratic candidates and issues.
- Improve the public’s understanding of Democratic principles, values and policies to attract contributors/supporters, volunteers and voters.
- Provide effective leadership to broaden the Democratic Party’s voter and support base.
- Develop and maintain a budget that complies with campaign finance regulations and allocates resources in a responsible and fair manner.
Pursuant to the bylaws of the Jefferson Co. Democratic Party notice is hereby provided the local Democratic Party reorganization will begin on or about April 2, 2016. Individuals who are interested in becoming a candidate for a Legislative District Chair, Vice-Chair or Member-at-Large position must make a Declaration and Notification Filing to the local Democratic Executive Committee in person at Democratic Headquarters at 640 Barret Avenue, Louisville, KY before January 26, 2016. Only persons having properly filed for the position of chairman and vice-chairman will be eligible to be voted upon at the legislative district conventions to be held on April 16, 2016. The position of Member-at-Large will be voted upon approximately 30 days later at a meeting of the Legislative District Chairs.